The New Brunswick Winter Session Program has
canceled in-person classes after 6 p.m. on
Thursday, January 2nd and there will be a
delayed opening until 10 a.m. on Friday, January 3rd.
Make The Most Of Your Winter Break!
In just a few short weeks, you can advance toward your academic goals in the intensive, fast-paced Winter Session at Rutgers, New Brunswick. Choose from over one hundred offerings, ranging from American Sign Language to Women, Culture, and Society.
- Earn up to 4 credits toward graduation
- Fulfill a prerequisite
- Reduce your spring course load
- Take a course not available during other terms
Winter Session offers unique benefits, including:
- Intensive format–The immersive winter term is ideal for learning subjects that require massed practice or rehearsal, such as foreign languages and public speaking.
- Single focus- Because each student takes only one course in winter, instructors can offer field trips, field research, and travel study, which would be impossible during the fall and spring. Taking just one course will also allow you to master difficult material by focusing your energies on a single subject.
- Small class size– Small classes that meet for extended periods during a short term allow you to build collegial relationships with your classmates and professor. The quality of interactions with students and instructors is consistently identified by both students and faculty as one of the best parts of their winter term experience.
- Academic excellence- Winter Session courses on the New Brunswick campus meet or exceed the high academic standards set for the regular academic year at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, a top-ranked research institution and public university.
Highlights This Winter
- Hybrid and Online Courses - Take a hybrid or online course and spend the holidays at home with your family. You’ll also save commuting time and costs!
Scholarships – Up to forty $500 scholarships will be awarded on the basis of need and academic merit to Rutgers University undergraduates. Candidates will be invited to apply by email during the fall semester.
- Field Opportunities – Winter is the perfect time to gain a competitive advantage in the employment market by adding an intensive field experience to your resume. You can complete a professional practicum with youth, an internship in business, or a practicum in animal science, caring for farm or lab animals.
Note: Credits earned in Winter Session may be applied toward degree completion at Rutgers University; students seeking degrees at other institutions should secure approval from their academic advisors for transfer of credits to their degree programs. All students should take careful note of prerequisite courses to ensure appropriate placement. First-year students must secure permission from their academic advisors to participate in the intensive, fast-paced winter term.